Welcome to the Haringey Tuition Service
The Haringey Tuition Service provides an interim service for students aged 5- 16 who, for a variety of medical, emotional and complex learning needs, are not able to attend mainstream school.
The service enables young people to return to their original school or to start special school after a period of specialist support.
Students are taught in a variety of settings according to need. This includes the Tuition Centre, the student’s home and local schools.
Referral Route Referrals to the Haringey Tuition Service are made by the medical professionals, including Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services and SEND Panel.
Schools are also able to make referrals for children who do not meet the threshold for medical support but who might benefit from specialist intervention. In these circumstances schools are expected to fund the interim placements.
Home Tuition Service
This service is for children who are unable to attend school for medical (as well as mental health) reasons.
- This service is for children aged 5-16 who live in Haringey
- They do not have to go to school in Haringey
- Home Tuition must be advised by a Consultant level doctor (not a GP)
- This service works in partnership with children, parents, health services and schools
- Home tuition is part of our core service and so is not paid for
- We also support student reintegration back into school at the end of the period of tuition
Note: This service is not for children who are Electively Home Educated by the decision of their family.