Welcome to the Haringey Tuition Service
The Haringey Tuition Service provides an interim service for students aged 5- 16 who, for a variety of medical, emotional and complex learning needs, are not able to attend mainstream school.
The service enables young people to return to their original school or to start special school after a period of specialist support.
Students are taught in a variety of settings according to need. This includes the Tuition Centre, the student’s home and local schools.
Referrals to the Haringey Tuition Service are usually made by the young persons main school and must be supported by medical professionals, including Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
Home Tuition Service
This service is for children who are unable to attend school for medical (as well as mental health) reasons.
- This service is for children aged 5-16 who live in Haringey
- They do not have to go to school in Haringey
- Home Tuition must be advised by a Consultant level doctor (not a GP)
- This service works in partnership with children, parents, health services and schools
- Home tuition is part of our core service and so is not paid for
- We also support student reintegration back into school at the end of the period of tuition
Note: This service is not for children who are Electively Home Educated by the decision of their family.